This post is sponsored by Biochem
What could better than to bake without guilt and have great benefits for our health?
Biochem whey protein not only provides you the nutrients and antioxidants that our body needs but also supports our immune system as it has a cold process, a chemical-free microfiltration / ultrafiltration method that retains as many immunoglobulins and lactoferrin as possible.
This year we have been focused on our health and improving our habits. My husband loves baking, so during this quarantine we have enjoyed cooking together.
Some people believe that protein powder is only for people who want to gain muscle, or who actively exercise. However, the truth is that making protein powder a part of our day by day life has many other advantages for our body and health.
Today I bring you an easy and delicious recipe to boost your immune system and protect and spoil your family : Blueberries muffins with Biochem Protein Whey, my favorite!
What you will need:
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Biochem Whey Protein
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or use non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine flour, Biochem whey protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the sugar and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together egg, vanilla, almond milk and canola oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold blueberries and walnuts into batter.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin, nearly filling each muffin to the top. This should make 6 normal size muffins or 12 small muffins.
- Bake muffins at 425 for 8 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 for 15 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let them cool, decorate and ENJOY!
It is a perfect take and go breakfast or snack. They are light and fluffy and the best thing about them is how filling they are. When I have one for breakfast, I’m not hungry for at least four hours.
Biochem is a great partner to care for you and your loved ones.